Neurology Neuro-Ophthalmology Neuropsychology
Inpatient Rehabilitation AirLife
Carle Neurology diagnoses and treats:
Neuro-ophthalmology evaluations diagnose and treat patients with neurologic disorders that affect vision and eye movements, including double vision, blurred vision or loss of vision from trauma, stroke or surgical procedures.
Clinical neuropsychology is a sub-specialty of clinical psychology that specializes is the diagnostic assessment and treatment of patients with brain dysfunction due to illness or injury. This is most commonly manifested in changes in cognition, emotional functioning and/or personality. Our skilled neuropsychologists see patients age 16 and older and use a wide variety of measures designed to assess the cognitive, emotional and social functioning of a broad spectrum of individuals with a wide variety of medical conditions that affect individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Carle neurosurgeons are board certified or board eligible by the American Board of Neurological Surgery. They provide specialized care in brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerve surgeries and trauma care in the area’s only Level I Trauma Center at Carle Foundation Hospital. Our neurosurgeons also collaborate with Carle Spine Institute to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to treating patients.
Our neurosurgeons provide care for:
- Brain aneurysms
- Brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerve surgeries, including complex tumor removal
- Complex spine surgery, including reconstructions
- Intra-cranial hemorrhages
- Pain management
- Pediatric neurological disease
- Surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Traumatic injuries of the brain and spinal cord
- Vagus nerve stimulators
Procedures and technology include:
- Coil embolization
- Endoscopic surgery (carpal tunnel)
- Frameless 3D stereotactic navigation system
- Image-guided surgeries of the brain and spine
- Intracranial pressure monitoring
- Radiation oncology
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- State-of-the-art ultrasound aspirator for tumor removal
Carle’s Neuroradiology service provides comprehensive consultation in diagnostic imaging of the brain, orbits, spine, head and neck. Board certified neuroradiologists perform state-of-the-art imaging techniques such as perfusion CT, perfusion MRI, MR spectroscopy and diffusion tensor imaging. Our leading-edge technology includes 3.0T MRI, 1.5T MRI, 1.0T open MRI and 64 detector and 16 detector CT scanners. Diagnostic neuroangiography is also available.
Carle’s Interventional Neuroradiology service provides diagnostic and interventional consultation and treatment of vascular pathologies in brain, spine, face and neck, including aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, arteriovenous fistulas and neoplasms as well as acute intra-arterial treatment of stroke.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
The staff of Carle’s CARF-approved inpatient rehabilitation unit takes a team-oriented approach to getting patients who have experienced stroke or traumatic brain injury back on their feet.
- Daily activities encouraging socialization and promoting endurance
- Assistance with community re-entry and home safety
- Staff psychologist works with team/patient to overcome coping issues
- Weekly staff-driven education program for patients and families
Airlife: Air Medical Transport Team
Carle provides complete air medical transportation services to critically ill or injured patients throughout our 24-county region in east central Illinois.
Learn more about AirLife.