Gastroenterology and Digestive Health
Carle Foundation Hospital's board certified gastroenterologists can help manage acid reflux, or GERD, and intestinal problems such as Crohn's disease. Carle is one of six facilities in the nation performing double balloon enteroscopy, a technique that improves visualization in the intestine to diagnose and treat conditions like polyps. Carle also participates in digestive clinical trials and research that will help bring tomorrow's cures and treatments to patients today.
Our continuum of care also includes a board certified hepatologist, providing advanced treatments for patients with hepatitis or other liver diseases, including cancer.
Dr. Eugene Greenberg Digestive Health Institute Coming Fall 2014
To honor his distinguished career, the Greenberg family pledged $1 million to establish the Dr. Eugene Greenberg Digestive Health Institute, a world-class institute dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of digestive issues.
Read the press release
- Acid Reflux (GERD) management and treatment
- Colonoscopy/colon cancer screening
- Crohn's disease management
- Double balloon enteroscopy
- Hepatitis C support group
- Meets the second Wednesday of the month from 6 - 7:30 p.m. at The Forum at Carle
- Lactose and fructose intolerance management
- Ostomy and ongoing care
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver diseases