Getting Started: Occupational Medicine
Visit Occupational Medicine
Before you begin work, you must complete the pre-employment health screen. Requiring these exams for everyone helps us ensure employees are able to perform their jobs and provide the care and services our patients need.
Download your occupational medicine forms
What's involved in a pre-employment health screen?
- A drug screen to comply with Carle's drug-free workplace policy.
- A tuberculosis screening.
- Fit testing for a mask testing (for specified jobs only).
- A thorough discussion of the physical requirements and job functions of the job you have been offered and a determination of your ability to perform those functions.
- A thorough analysis of your immunization status and need for booster shots or titers to be completed.
Where do I go?
- If you are running late or must reschedule your appointment, please call Occupational Medicine at (217) 383-3077.
Carle Foundation Hospital
611 W Park St, Urbana, IL 61801
North Clinic, 3rd Floor
Phone Number: (217) 383-3077
Parking – Park in the North Parking Garage just off of University Ave and enter the hospital through the main lobby at the Orchard Street entrance. Parking validation for the garage will be provided at time of appointment checkout. If the parking garage is full, parking is available in the Champaign County Fairgrounds parking lot.
Directions – Proceed through the main lobby past the 2nd information desk and go left to the North Clinic elevators. Take the elevator up to the 3rd floor. The entrance for Occupational Medicine is on the right hand side of the hallway between the elevators and the crosswalk over University Ave. * Do not proceed through the crosswalk as you have gone too far.
What should I bring to my Occupational Medicine appointment?
When you visit Occupational Medicine, please bring the following:
- Occupational Medicine forms. Complete the forms and take them with you to your Occupational Medicine appointment.
- Driver's license or other federal or state-issued picture identification.
- Immunization records including documentation of prior PPD skin tests, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella vaccine), tetanus status, hepatitis B vaccine history and varicella (chicken pox) history.
- All prescription medications you have taken in the last 30 days. Please bring the original prescription bottles so that we may verify the medications.
- Eyeglasses (including reading glasses) or contact lenses if you wear them.
- A list of all over-the-counter medications you have taken in the past three weeks.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian will need to accompany you.
Please do not bring children of any age to your appointment.
Once you have completed the steps in Getting Started, you can learn about New Employee Orientation.
Keep an open mind and always look for the positive opportunities to be a contributing member to The Carle Foundation.