New Employee Orientation
Talk to people at orientation and get to know them and pay attention to people's names and faces when you meet them because you never know when you will come in contact with them again.
Orientation plays an important role in ensuring that you get the information you need to succeed in your new position. We are committed to providing you with a thorough orientation that will help in your long-term success and career development at Carle. New Employee Orientation consists of one days of class and is located in The Carle Foundation Forum – Pollard Auditorium from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. with a 30 minute lunch break. Lunch will be provided by Carle during orientation. Please wear business casual attire (no shorts or jeans). For your comfort, we suggest bringing a sweater or light jacket.
View a map for the location of The Forum at Carle and the fairgrounds parking lot »
Day 1 consists of…
- Executive Welcome (learn more about Carle)
- ICARE Values (Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) Learn more information on Carle's mission, vision, and values
- Patient Safety
- General Safety/Security
- Carle Experience
Networking is huge. Get to know people in other departments. Be open to change.
Use the orientation period provided by your department to learn all you can – the employees are a great resource.
Within your first days of employment
- If eligible, complete your benefit enrollment forms. All enrollment forms must be received by Human Resources within 31 days of your start date; otherwise, enrollment is not guaranteed.
- Access Lawson Employee Self-Service on CLICK.
First pay period at Carle
- Receive first Carle Foundation pay check (review it for accuracy). Pay checks can be viewed using Lawson Employee Self Service.
Within 30–60 days of employment
- Within your first 2 months of employment you will receive your first of three New Employee Surveys.
First 3 months of employment at Carle
- At approximately 3 months of employment, you will receive your introductory period evaluation.
Completion of 3 months of employment at Carle
- If eligible, paid leave becomes available (accrued balance appears on paycheck stub and in Lawson Employee Self-Service).
Completion of 6 months of employment at Carle
- At approximately 6 months of employment you will receive your second New Employee Survey.
- If eligible, sick bank, and long term disability become available.
- Tuition assistance is available if you are in an eligible employment status.
First year at Carle
- At approximately one year of employment, you will receive your third New Employee Survey.
- You will receive your annual performance and competency evaluation.
- You will receive a congratulatory postcard recognizing your one year of service with Carle. Bring the postcard to Human Resources to receive a gift of appreciation.
Continue on to learn more about the benefits programs that are available to Carle employees.
The more you put into your training, the more that you are going to get out of it. I have had a great time through my first year and I can't wait to have many more.