Using the latest diagnostic and surgical technologies, Carle’s general surgeons treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), chronic heartburn and disorders of the appendix, gallbladder and breast.
Surgery is performed at Carle Foundation Hospital or at one of the Carle SurgiCenters in Champaign or Danville. You and your doctor will decide on the best location for you based on your medical needs.
Common surgeries performed
- Complex tertiary foregut care
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Gallbladder surgical procedures
- Hepatobiliary surgery for liver and pancreas
- Hernia procedures
- Nissen fundoplication for reflux disease
- Upper GI tests and screening
Featured Services, Events & Tools